Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Plethora of Craziness

S learned the word "plethora" last week. I've always liked it, personally.

Sigh...my supervisor has returned, in full force. A particular Elton John song title comes to mind. There is a silver lining, though, after a fashion. I actually had people I don't normally even talk to very much come to me yesterday after listening to the way she interacts with me, going, "what on earth is HER problem?!"

Oh, how I wish I knew. But at least it isn't just me. It's amazing how much it helps just to know that.

I have an exam tomorrow! Hooray!! It's a really strange one, though. Apparently part of it is open book, due to be handed in tomorrow before the exam. I don't know. If our instructor is worried about the crappy grades people are getting, maybe that's not the best way to go about remedying it? Maybe, for instance, not letting us out once the class time is half up would be another, more constructive solution? Or you know...not cancelling 3 out of last week's 4 class periods might have worked well. I'm just saying.

Just a couple more weeks...just a couple more weeks...just a couple more weeks...and I'm more or less secure in my A. I'll be all right, even if everyone else won't. J calls it a weeding out process. Apparently, everyone isn't SUPPOSED to do well once you get into the classes for majors. Ok, that's fine (especially since I'm clearly not one of the weeds!), but I'd feel better about it if any of us were actually learning something.

S comes home from Disney World tomorrow! I'll feel so much better when he's at least back in the same state as me. And then I'll get to see him on Friday.

Urgh. My job is already getting its daily dose of stupid. I just explained about something that happened to my supervisor, whose response was "check and see why this happened."

Umm. I just DID. Are we both speaking English?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One good thing about your beloved boss is that her stupidity accentuates(sp?) your intelligence. I guess you don't exactly need that though do you? Oh well, someday we may think of something positive about her being your boss.
Hang in there.
Love, Mom