Monday, July 7, 2008

Is the weekend over already?!

Ugh. The next long weekend I get isn't until Labor Day. Which, by the way, we will be spending with you guys. As things stand, I don't have S that weekend because I had him for Memorial Day weekend (over the course of which he projectile vomited across 3 rooms...a good time was had by all!), but I'm going to see what I can work out.

J is leaving for his franchise convention this morning. I'm kind of sad I'm not going, especially since the theme they're using this year was my idea (next year's is too, though, so maybe I'll get to that one), but I like my A in Biology and I'm not all that gung-ho about giving it up. So taking a week off from it probably wouldn't be the most brilliant plan.

I'm also sad because S is STILL on vacation with Daddy and The Chippie. I miss my baby, and I won't see him until Friday. Which, incidentally, is also when J comes home. So I probably won't see him for a solid week.

Crap. That means I'll either need to get someone to take care of the dogs, or I'll need to wait until Saturday to drive up, Mom.

Also? My boss is back. My boss whom I ADORE. Or not so much. She was on vacation last week, and while she was gone, I noticed something: I don't really hate my job. It was pretty bearable while she was gone. It's basically just her I don't like.

What was I thinking, starting the Meet the Chippie diet this weekend? If I ever needed chocolate, it's right about now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Step away from the chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, eat a piece, it will be very satisfying.....just don't do like me at BINGE! I haven't had any chocolate since the Fourth when I ate some of my Snicker Pie that I made because your sister requested it. I did have a small piece of leftover wedding cake from Dr. & Pam's daughter's wedding this weekend. It was DELISH.....it was a Kathy Girst cake (I think that is correct), they are the BEST. Kath, you would have LOVED it! There's more, so I may eat a bigger piece tomorrow. BUT, still leaving the chocolate alone. I'm trying a new thing....which is to eat like a 3 year old eats. That means, only eat when the part below my shoulders indicates that I should eat (growling of the stomach) not when the part above the shoulders thinks I should eat. We'll see how that works. Glad that you'll be coming for Labor Day....that will be GRAND! Love ya, JJ

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have also decided to start eating a little healthier! Actually a lot healthier. Last weekend I was working in the yard. It was so hot that I decided to cool off in the pool...clothes & all. It was then that I decided to lose a little weight so I could get back into my bathing suit. So for the next few days I'm only eating fruits & veggies. Then I will start incorporating healthy food which does not include cake & donuts.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you two gals for sticking to your diets. You go girls! Hopefully I will do as well.
Amie I thought of a NICE solution to your "Boss" situation". Instead of wishing ill on her, pray a promotion out of your department on her. Might work.
Love, Mom