Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Sing it with me, everyone!

I'm suddenly in the position of having my evenings free. ALL of them. I just took a look at my calendar for tomorrow, and there is NOTHING ON IT. What do I do with that?!

Tonight, my two lab partners and I are going out to dinner. The final is tonight, but none of us have to take it because we've all gotten an A. I'm excited, but so sad that we won't be able to take any classes together anymore. Both of them are taking Anatomy next semester, but at different times. I can't because Anatomy is offered as an honors class sometimes, but not this semester, and I really need to wait until it is so that I can use it to fulfill my Honors Society requirements. I have to take 24 credit hours of honors classes, which roughly equates to about 8 actual classes. I've taken all of...drumroll, please...one honors class. Technically I shouldn't even have qualified for entry into the society, because you're supposed to have taken at least 2 classes, but they let me in on the strength of my "outstanding achievements" (that would have been placing in the short story contest this spring, and probably my scrapbooking awards didn't hurt any either).

My Meet the Chippie diet is still going strong. Granted, I have already met said chippie, who is not an actual chippie in the least. I never went into detail about her...my brain was too full at the time. But she really is great. She's about my age, probably a few years older. She seems to be very sensitive to the boundaries that have to exist in a step relationship, and she's being very careful and respectful of them as far as S is concerned. She truly seems to have his best interests at heart. She wants us to get along with each other as much as I do, and sees the importance of it, because her ex husband is remarried and there is tension between her and that wife (who has pulled some serious crap in the way of crossing boundaries), and she really, really didn't want it to be that way on both ends, so she really was genuinely happy that I wanted to get together and get acquainted. And she's sweet. Not the fakey kind of sweet, but the real, genuine kind that you don't see very often. The best example of it that I can think of in anyone you guys know is Mary S, or my old music teacher. THAT kind of sweet. What she's doing with my ex will forever remain one of life's great mysteries, but she's quite welcome to him, and who knows? Maybe he's learned something along the way and will be able to treat her as well as she deserves. Ok, probably not THAT well - he does have his limitations, after all, and she really is far more fabulous than he (and frankly most other men) deserves - but hopefully he'll be able to muster up an acceptable amount of respect and attentiveness.

Anyway. I'm still sticking to my diet, and today I was able to put on a shirt that I haven't been able to wear in months. I'm walking just a leeeeetle bit taller today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You know my diet lasted one whole day! LOL.
Love, Mom