Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bye Bye Blackbird

It's official - I put in my notice 2 days ago.

You'd think I'd be so excited I'd need to be peeled off the ceiling. And I am. But mostly, I'm impatient. I have exactly 82 1/2 hours left that I must spend in my cubicle. Not that I'm keeping close track at all, or anything like that!

My Fearless Leader is on vacation this week, which cuts down the time I have to be in the same zip code as her by half. Thank goodness for small blessings. Since she didn't tell me she was going to be gone this whole week until Friday evening at 5, I was sorely tempted to just put my resignation on her desk without a word to anyone else, where it would have sat and gathered dust bunnies for an entire week before she clapped eyes on it. That would have been amusing. But a little voice in my head told me it would also be a spectacularly bad idea, and I find that little voices in my head are best followed (yes, I know...but you guys know what I mean!), so I went with it and told her superior. Who probably called her the second I left his office, because they're BFF.

I'm almost looking forward to Monday. Bring it, Fearless Leader.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! When we'll you start the other "thing?" Yes, sometimes the little voices in your head shouldn't be listened to at all, if you know what I mean!!!!!! Love ya, JJ

Anonymous said...

I obviously can't spell..."when we'll you..." I mean, when will you.....

Anonymous said...

Yes, after giving notice you would think the next two weeks would be much better than the norm...Not always so. I guess it depends on how much you hate working there.I do believe you are on the right track...Good plan.
Love, Mom