Tuesday, July 22, 2008

End of an Era

Or at least, the end of my Biology class. In which I currently have a 99 point 3 something. Which means I pretty much could have sprung a monkey from the zoo and sent it in to do my exam last night, and I would still get an A. Go, me...I heart being a science savant!

Other things a-brewing, too! You guys who I know read this have heard all about them, so I won't go into it in case people who aren't necessarily supposed to be reading see this entry. Sorry to go all 007 on you, but suffice to say that it's all very well underway. I'm excited, and J is excited for me! Probably for himself, too. Here's hoping I have fewer frustrations to take out on the poor man. So many good things are about to come.

I keep thinking of Merrilee, the hospice nurse that Papa had. She was a teacher before she switched careers and became a hospice nurse, and was actually kind of my catalyst for going back to school. I saw how wonderful she was at her job, and how happy she was in it, and I wanted to be that. It's really interesting how much a person you meet so briefly and casually can have such an impact. Something to think about, isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, certain people do have an impact on our lives (destiny). It was the nurses in the NICU that took care of Shelby when she was born that started my "wheels" a turnin! Then my episode with cancer and the healthcare workers at KU Med Center that put the gas in my tank!!! Merrilee was an excellent hospice nurse and I so appreciate the care she showed to Dad and the rest of us during that time. I work with some really great nurses too. Several of them have been hospice nurses in the past and I have learned a great deal from them.

Great job on the final grade in your biology class! Keep up the good work my dear. It is a long road ahead of you, but keep pluggin along and you'll be at your destination eventually. It will all be worth it. Love ya, JJ

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes! I'm sure we have all touched people in a big way & had no idea. Better watch how we act & react huh?
Love, Mom