Thursday, July 24, 2008

Milestone

Today I bought my first set of scrubs. Most likely, they're the first of many.

They aren't anything fancy. Basic unisex top, v-neck with two patch pockets at the hips. Elastic waist pants (I wanted drawstring, but all the pairs I tried on would have needed hemming, stubby as I am). All in royal blue. J says I look like a Smurf in them, and I'm really not in a position to argue with him. But my school says royal blue, so royal blue it shall be. I got some white sneakers, too, because they were on sale and I don't have any.

I put them on to show J after work, hence the Smurf remark, and let me tell you...I have never owned anything so comfortable in my life that it was ok to wear in public (get your mind out of the gutter, I'm thinking of my pink fleece footie pajamas with the monkeys all over them, not anything like THAT!). In fact, we're going to a movie in a little bit, and I'm just going to leave these puppies on. It isn't a movie that I particularly want to see, but J does and I love him, and that's that. For the time being, though, I'm sitting here in my leather chair, dog at my feet, computer in my lap, scrubs on my bod.

I feel like a queen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're not just a smurf, but you are a SNARKY SMURF today!!!!!! I am not that fond of scrubs. If I buy a large they swallow me up, but if I get medium, they're snug around the mid-section. BUMMER JO!!!! (Sounds like someone needs to stop eating like there is no tomorrow!!!!!)

Megan and I took Shelby shopping for back to school clothes yesterday in Wichita.....what fun!!! Actually, she liked a lot of the things that I picked out for her. Her tastes are starting to change from the blah/t-shirt & jeans & tennis shoes, to cute blouses, sweaters, tailored short-sleeved jackets that match things and jewelry. I can't believe she will be in high school this year. Do you remember hanging out at the hospital the day she was born? WOW!!!! Love ya, JJ