Friday, August 29, 2008

Soundtrack

A lot of people like to put their playlists on random, then post the first 10 (or however many) songs that come up. I'm going to do that now, but I'll take it one step further. Music that I like almost always has some kind of significance, so I thought I'd throw in some of that for good measure, too. Here goes:

David, by Nellie McKay. That's easy. It's a song about a woman who's sitting around waiting for a guy named David to call. For those of you who just tuned in, I did exactly that for the vast majority of my high school years. But it's kind of a cute, tongue-in-cheek song, too. She's not impressed with anyone, least of all herself.

You Are My Joy, by The Reindeer Section. This song makes me think of Papa.

Stay (I Missed You), by Lisa Loeb. Complicated relationships. We've all had them. I also just really like the tune and the rhythm of this song.

The Luckiest, by Ben Folds. How I feel about J.

Cruisin', by Smokey Robinson. Pure childhood. You used to like that song, Mom.

The Puppy Song, by Harry Nilsson. Such a happy, buoyant, optimistic song. I think I vaguely remember it from when I was very small.

Strange Magic, by Electric Light Orchestra. Another one from when I was little.

Let's Hear It for the Boy, by Deniece Williams. I liked this song when I was about 9 years old. Now, it makes me think of S, and how proud of him I am.

Vienna, by Billy Joel. I get in such a hurry sometimes. I'm one of the most impatient people that I know. I want everything NOW, and this is a good reminder that there's really no particular reason to be in such a hurry all the time. It's ok to sit back and take a breather.

Crazy, by Meredith Brooks. This could be my theme song. I've always been slightly strange, doing my own thing. I'll always do things and think in ways that most people don't. I'm ok with that.


So there's my random lineup.

Summer is just about over, so I thought it was time for a new blog template. Blogger is not the most user-friendly thing on the surface of the planet, so I tore my hair out, lost my entire blogroll, and have generally been no fun at all to live with for about the past 18 hours. It's still not perfect, but it'll do. Until I get a bug up my butt to change it for Thanksgiving or Christmas, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still like "Cruisin" & Smokey Robinson.