Saturday, August 2, 2008

Anticipation

Fall is coming! School starts in about a week and a half for S, two weeks for me. I'll have to find a more autumnal design for the blog, although I do love my gorgeous, beachy sandals.

August has never been my favorite month. When I was a kid, it meant summer at Grandma's was almost over. Now, it means ridiculous, insane, unreasonable heat. This year it means the end of the old and the beginning of the new, but for about 1/3 of the month I'll still be stuck in this job situation that I loathe. I am NOT a patient person.

August will also be the month that S comes back home for the school year. And the month that I get my scooter. August is J's and my anniversary.

Still, I'm anticipating October...September isn't really fall to me. I'm ready for the leaves to change, and for sweaters, and for candles that smell like baked goods. I'm ready to make Thanksgiving plans and buy firewood. I'm ready for hot chocolate and cider. I'm ready for cool air during my runs. There's just something so homey about fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not!
Love, Mom