Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Please? Pretty Please??

Apparently Pooh-Bear requested to transfer to another group. It seems that we are rude, catty and not serious enough about the class. We actually got a lecture from the adjunct about being "supportive" of our fellow team members. She just started watching our group today, and has no idea of what's really going on.

Well, let's see. We've already allowed Pooh-Bear more practice time than the rest of us have had, COMBINED. In return, every one of us has been insulted by her at least once, with no provocation. We've repeatedly had the blame for her ineptitude placed on us. I'm sorry...who's being unsupportive again?

I'm all about working as a team. I'm all about being supportive. But I draw the line at being a doormat, and catering to manipulative control freaks is utterly out of the question.

Sadly, her request to change groups was denied. Maybe we should all be more supportive and back her up on what she's asking for. The thing is, she's quickly going from being a source of irritation to being an actual problem. If things don't do a complete 180 very soon, we're going to have to take it up with the instructors. Hopefully they have enough experience with interpersonal relations to not be taken in by her surface sweetsy-sweetsiness and realize what's truly going on. And really, that's all we want at this point - for those currently in authority over us to be aware.

Tomorrow and Friday are our first competencies. The Expert and I are signed up for the first time slot, which is 9am tomorrow, and Token Male and Pooh-Bear have theirs at 11:30 on Friday. Which means this is likely the last I'll see of Pooh-Bear until next week. I could use the break, and those of you who have patiently and diligently read my gripes probably could too.

I can't wait for this weekend!! And I will NOT be dieting. I wish S could come with us (as does S), but his father is unwilling to trade weekends. I'm not sure why...from what I can gather, he has no earth-shattering plans.

My helmet hasn't arrived yet. According to tracking, it's somewhere in Ohio, and will be here on Friday. I guess it's a good thing I can't practice on Miss Piggy, though, because I have things to do:

I have to sew my student patch onto my scrubs.
I have to do laundry, and pack sometime between now and Saturday morning.
I have to finish Tiny's sweater (it's almost done!).
I have to make a lemon bundt cake!
I have to restrain myself from eating said lemon bundt cake!

Off to knit and sew and gather recipe ingredients. I'm sounding positively domestic. Don't get used to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I had a problem with a co-worker a very long time ago at Valley Federal. I couldn't stand working with her, but it was apparent that I was either going to have to leave of learn to work with her. I prayed that God would fix the situation and change ME so that I could handle her. I also prayed for God to bless her, because it is hard to hate people that you are praying for God to bless. Lo and Behold!!!!!! She found a job outside of our organization and I never had to work with her again.

Good luck on your competency exam tomorrow. See ya on Saturday.

Love ya, JJ

Anonymous said...

Kathryn will be so excited about Tiny's sweater! We've already discussed the other situation. Good luck on your test & let me know how it goes. Of course I already know you will do great.
Love, Mom

Danny said...

Are you keeping a log of Poo-Bear's antics? I know it sounds strange but it could be good when you do have to approach your instructors to be able to provide specific details. Details like time, date and exactly what she did and said. Putting it to paper when she does it makes it easier to recall later and paint a picture of her annoyances for your instructor. Good luck dealing with her.