Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday Morning

Ok, this rain is getting ridiculous. It looked like 4am when I came in to work this morning.

On the upside, our office is apparently now riverfront property. If it were up to me, I'd sublease the part that's right outside my window at a profit and build condos there. Maybe with docks for small sailboats.

I find out my very first science-related exam grade tonight, and I'm not optimistic. Our teacher is a perfectly nice person, but she has precisely ONE year of experience under her belt, and it shows. Like when she left out an entire page of the exam and had to type it on the fly to put on the overhead so that we could answer the questions, not all of which we had even covered yet. There were some from the next chapter in the book, so if I don't do well, I'm definitely contesting it. Science GPA is even more important than overall GPA when you're trying to be a doctor, and no way is she going to screw that up for me just because she doesn't quite have it together. Sadly, it's too late to transfer to another class, but the fact that about a bajillion people did exactly that the first week in should really send up a red flag or two for her. And yes, probably for me. I'm seriously beginning to question how anyone ever makes a 4.0.

Spencer comes back home this weekend! I'm so excited. Having him home is going to help my mood immensely.

SONG OF THE DAY: The Weather Girls, It's Raining Men

1 comment:

Paul said...

Just visiting. You were on mine, so I visited yours. Nice blog. I am the one with the wine articles, by the way. I am MUCH older than you and have been making wine since 1972. Just started again after a twenty year hiatus. It is fun to rediscover old hobbies after so many years.