Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ruining the Curve!

I got my grade back for the Biology exam last week. Turns out that I did better than I thought...93!! The real kicker, though, is that the average score was 67. Ouch. Granted, it was a ridiculous test, but I'm not sure it was really quite as bad as that. I guess maybe a lot of people just didn't show up? I wasn't paying attention to whether or not that was the case. Observation isn't exactly a strong point of mine anyway, and I was too nervous about the test to really care what else was going on. Oh, yeah...Mom, you already know this, but it turns out that I, of all people, have test anxiety! Who knew? It's not an issue that really surfaces when you're as much of a lazy-butt slacker as I was the last time I tried this whole school thing. Hooray for newfound neuroses!

After comparing scores with most of my classmates, I'm pretty sure I made the high grade.

Not that this means I can get smug or anything. We have another exam on Wednesday, and it covers the 2 hardest chapters of the entire class.

Never in my life have I had the high score on ANY exam. Not as far as I know, anyway. And it feels afreakingmazing!

SONG OF THE DAY: Joanna Paccitti, Watch Me Shine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO AMIE!!!!!! I had no doubts you would do well. However, I know exactly the way you feel, I always wanted to get an A on my exams in nursing school. And as I found out, I have test anxiety too, but I was able to squelch it and physically calm myself. Keep up the good work! Love ya, JoJo

Anonymous said...

You Go Girl!!!!

Your blog has now become part of my morning coffee routine. It's nice to laugh first thing in the morning.

Love, Mom