Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Brought to You By the Letter "S"

Yes, Mom...S did come home on Sunday! I couldn't write about it yesterday, though, because he was with me and could see over my shoulder. He doesn't like it when I talk about him.

Right now he's at Day Camp. He's so excited about this week, because the annual talent show is on Thursday! You guys wouldn't believe that child up in front of a crowd of people. When he was younger I didn't think he would have it in him to get up on a stage and be the center of attention, but he eats it up. And yes, he definitely comes by that honestly!

I've made a couple of brief mentions about scooters. This weekend, J and I both went and looked at some, and both of us have decided on the models that we want (more or less...J is torn between two in particular, but that's just how he shops). Both the ones he's looking at are styled more like a motorcycle than a scooter, and from the front they look kind of like Space Ghost. Remember Space Ghost? Here he is...wave hi to Space Ghost, everyone!



Hi, Space Ghost!

Anyway. Mine is more the retro Vespa-type look, although not actually a Vespa, which are insanely expensive. Here's the one I want:



And she comes in pink!

Or I could get her in the blue, and be all Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday. Only without the skirt blowing up in my face and the subsequent crashing. Decisions, decisions...

The whole scooter thing is partly because of gas prices at the moment. These puppies get around 90mpg. That's MILES PER GALLON, folks. For J, it would be perfect for going to and from his store, and for me, it would likewise be perfect for going to and from work and/or school. Now, granted, I'd have to go home and get my car to drive the 2 blocks to pick up S, because no way am I putting him on a scooter, but home is right on the way anyway, and it really would cut way, way down on gas for both J and I. Plus it would be fun!

Point of all that being, J has a particular scooter dealer he wants to work with. This guy can get J the one he wants. He can also get me the one I want, but possibly not in pink. And if I can't have it in pink (or in Audrey Hepburn blue, which he may also have a problem getting), then I don't want it! He's supposed to be contacting his distributor today to see if he can make it happen. If not, well and good. I know where I CAN get it in pink, although I may have to pay a tad more for it. But by golly, a pink scooter I shall have! And a pink helmet. And a pink riding jacket. And pink gloves.

I draw the line at pink pants, though. The goal here is to coordinate, not to look like a Power Ranger.

It's going to need a name, of course. Contenders:
Floyd (first name, Pink)
Miss Piggy
Pink Panther
Piglet (because she won't quite be a hog)

I may come up with a few that don't follow the pink theme, too, just to avoid the obvious. Opinions welcome...help me name my scooter, guys!

In honor of the fact that it FINALLY stopped raining, I bring you the following:

SONG OF THE DAY: Electric Light Orchestra, Mr. Blue Sky
(Ugh. I thought I had this song uploaded, but I don't. It'll be here later. In the meantime, check out the one for yesterday, which you probably missed...it's a really nice song, and I think most of you guys will like it!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I did like yesterday's song. What exactly is S doing in the talent show? I can definately picture him eating up the limelight & yes he does come by it naturally.
Kathryn wants to know when VFK opens.
We will have to think about name suggestions for your scooter. I can see you on a scooter, although pink is still surprising to me after your childhood aversion to it.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Sorry it has been so long since I've stopped by. What a bummer of an experience in the ER. As an employee of the medical field, I can't tell you how "PROUD" I am of the service you received........NOT! Unfortunately, that happens a lot. I'm sorry you are plagued with migraines, I'm sure they are not fun. As for the scooter, I'm not a big fan of any moterized cycles....they scare me for many reasons. However, the one you have picked is pretty darn cute.....I like it in blue (my fav color). Being a very non-creative person, I can't help you with a name for it, but you seem to have come up with some very good ones. Gotta run.....the two teens (one of them is one of your little sisters) are too quiet.....they may be asleep, cuz usually they are kackling like hens! Love ya, JJ

Anonymous said...

Hey Amie,
What's up with "Beta is full" on the vfk site? KLathryn was really disappointed not to be able to log on. Mom

Anonymous said...

Boy, I guess I'm tired or something! Haha.
Mom