Friday, June 20, 2008

Peter Pan Complex

I'm wearing red mary janes - not unusual for me - but I also have my hair in pigtails. Sadly, my face is beginning to show its age. I'm not going to be able to pull that kind of thing off very much longer...it's very possible that I already can't. Oh, well. My hair is longer than it's ever been in my entire life, and you know what? I'm going to do all the stuff with it that I wanted to be able to do when I was 8, and couldn't. Laura Ingalls braids, here I come!

One of the dogs got sick this morning, and pretty spectacularly, too. Thank heaven for shop vacs. Jo, I know you're reading this, so I won't go into any more details than that, and aren't you glad? Suffice it to say that it was a lovely start to my Friday morning.

Friday morning...almost the weekend! Tomorrow's wide open, which means J is probably going to recruit me for some project or other, and no doubt I'll be doing some general cleaning too, but I also have to study for Wednesday's exam. Sunday S comes home, and about an hour later, we're meeting two girls from my class at the library so we can all study some more together. S won't mind...the library is like his mothership.

Anyone got any good weekend plans?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing too exciting going on here. Dad & I are just now discussing what needs to be done at our two houses. It sounds like Dad will be doing the normal upkeep & a little bit of work on the main bathroom. I think I'm going to tackle the main hall closet & the upstairs hall closet. I can't believe I have several closets just sitting here with wasted EXTRA space! I'm going to fry some chicken & make mashed potatoes for an early dinner. I think the girls are planning on going bowling tonight. Enough excitement for now. Hope your head is nice to you today.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Amie, I have two dogs of my own. I hate it when they puke about as much as when a human pukes, but I'm usually the one around to clean it up.....hooray! I'm a "little" better in dealing with that subject. But the other nurses in the office enjoy my rather bazaar behavior if and when someone mentions that they feel sick to their stomach. I'm so glad I can entertain them!

Love ya,
JJ

Amie said...

My dear aunt...

It wasn't puke. Oh, how I wish it had been puke.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to be so dumb, but what do you mean it wasn't puke?
what was it?
Mom

Amie said...

Well, Mom...I don't know about your dogs, but mine have two ends!